This post may contain affiliate links. Please see the affiliate disclosure for more details.
If you like to show off your OmniPod (or maybe would like to not hear “what is that on your arm?”), decorate your pod! Keep in mind that some decorating techniques also help reduce pod static failures.
Decorating Tips / Products / Storage
- Duct Tape – cover an entire pod (excluding the adhesive) with duct tape. Consider buying duct etape that has preprinted colors, designs and cartoon characters to decorate the pod.
- Nail Polish – cover an entire pod (excluding the adhesive) with nail polish for a solid color or create nail polish art with several colors. Finish the design with clear nail polish or mod podge to seal the design.
- Stickers with a Clear Coat – find your favorite design in a sticker, adhere it to OmniPod and then apply clear nail polish or mod podge to seal the sticker.
- Temporary Tattoos – apply a temporary tattoo (messages, art, cartoon characters and so on) according to the tattoo’s directions. Then apply clear nail polish or deco podge to seal the tattoo.
- Glitter – cover a pod with clear nail polish or mod podge, before it dries sprinkle on glitter and then add another clear coat (clear nail polish or mod podge) to seal the glitter.
Preprinted pod shaped stickers and covers are sold by various vendors.
- T1 Decals – vinyl stickers that are shaped perfectly to fit OmniPod.
- Pump Pleelz – vinyl stickers that are shaped perfectly to fit OmniPod.
- Shapeways – reusable OmniPod covers that cap on to the pod.
- PumpSuitCover – German company offering reusable pod covers.
- Mused Mediums – reusable OmniPod covers that cap on to the pod. The company has a Facebook group Diabetes Omnipod/Dexcom/Libre Water Marbling displaying many of their designs.
- Just Fly Design – Type 1 Mom that designs custom and unique pod covers and stickers for OmniPod and Dexcom.
- Sugar Fam Color Your Diabetes – Dutch company offering reusable OmniPod covers that cap on to the pod.
- OmniPod Snaps – reusable OmniPod covers that cap on to the pod.
Storing Decorated Pods
Keep the pod’s packing (paper seal, syringe, and plastic) to store the decorated pods. Lift the pod’s paper seal just enough to remove the pod. Decorate the pod, place the dry decorated pod back into the original packaging and tape the paper seal with scotch tape. Pods can then be placed back in the original box and stored.
Try to keep the pod, its packaging and box together for lot tracking purposes in case of pod failures.